IT Services & Strategic Sourcing
IT Services & Strategic Sourcing provides expertise in enterprise architecture for the UW, cloud and “big data” solutions for researchers and technology professionals, as well as tools and infrastructure to support disaster response and critical business continuity for both UW-IT and the University. This division also provides project management internally to UW-IT.
In addition, this division develops alternative sources to traditional service delivery to foster innovation and improve efficiency, typically by procuring services from the cloud, including computing and storage (Infrastructure as a Service), and mail, calendaring and Web-based productivity suites and other Software as a Service offerings.
This division is responsible for:
- Enterprise Architecture: Helps ensure that business and technology strategies and projects are in alignment with each other and with UW-wide strategic directions by providing specific structures, principles and processes.
- Program Management Office: Oversees UW-IT’s project portfolio to ensure that the overall collection of projects is aligned with the University’s mission and strategic goals, and provides project management for high-priority projects.
- Research Computing: Assists UW researchers in understanding, selecting and using appropriate UW-IT resources for their large-scale compute, data analysis and backup/archive needs. Provides support to UW researchers, faculty and technical staff to evaluate and migrate to cloud computing, including help with the design of cloud-based solutions appropriate for data-driven science.
- Strategic Sourcing: Develops alternative sources for IT-based services, focused on cloud services for research and teaching, as well as for administrative and technical support functions, with appropriate compliance and business terms well-suited for research and teaching, as well as for administrative and technical support functions.
- Technology Business Continuity: Helps assure that the UW can respond to outages and disasters, and recover critical business systems and capabilities after such events; oversees UW-IT planning for emergency preparedness and disaster response.
Assistant Vice President
Email | 206-543-2795
UW Mailbox: 354844
Program Operations Specialist and Executive Assistant to the AVP
Email | 206-221-2049
UW Mailbox: 354844