The purpose of the HR/Payroll Intersections project is to ensure that the UW’s new HR/Payroll system integrates smoothly into the UW enterprise. This effort is UW-IT’s highest priority project and includes:
- Enterprise System Adaptation: Revisions to UW’s enterprise administrative systems to interact with Workday, the new HR/Payroll system. Systems with significant changes include the Financial Accounting System (FAS), Faculty Effort and Cost Sharing System (eFECS), Budget System (BGT), and the Person Registry. UW-IT will also develop new capabilities to preserve access to critical pre-Workday employee historical data such as leave records and W2 information.
- Enterprise Data and Integration: Revisions to the Enterprise Data Warehouse and related UW data stores to reflect the new, richer HR/Payroll information. Revision of Business Intelligence reports, that reference HR/Payroll information. Creation of a new Enterprise Integration Platform to support well-managed, secure access by UW systems to enterprise information.
- Downstream System – Campus Engagement: Assistance to campus units operating downstream systems that contain HR/Payroll data to understand the changes to the enterprise data and prepare for the transition. UW-IT will be reaching out to operators of systems utilizing UW-IT data sources.
As represented in the diagram below, the HR/Payroll Modernization program is working directly with operators of systems that interact with core HR/Payroll business processes such as payroll deductions and benefit providers. UW-IT is working with operators of other downstream systems that get their HR/Payroll information directly or indirectly from UW-IT-managed data sources including the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Operational Data Store (ODS), and the RESTful HRP Web Service.
- Assess your unit’s use of HR/Payroll information and determine which capabilities your system is supporting today, and if you can achieve those capabilities from Workday in the future.
- Prepare system changes
- HR/Payroll Modernization program website
- Materials from the Enterprise Data Warehouse Business Intelligence SIG meeting (July 23, 2015)
- Recording from “UW’s Workday Conceptual Model: A Deep Dive” Brown Bag session and (coming soon) slide deck (July 30, 2015)
Email | 206-543-6324
UW Mailbox: 359565