Academic Services develops and provides technologies, learning spaces, classroom support and services that enhance teaching, learning and research at the UW. This division works with UW faculty and departments to use technology to improve learning outcomes and to advance the University’s academic mission. It collaborates with other UW units and external partners to share and integrate resources and services with a focus on creating efficiencies.
Academic Services also partners with central UW business offices and academic units to provide the core systems that enable student services and support the administrative functions necessary to deliver on the UW’s academic mission. This division also works to ensure that teaching, learning and collaborative technologies are usable by individuals with diverse abilities.
This division is responsible for:
- Academic Experience Design & Delivery: Advances teaching, learning, and the broader academic experience by partnering with faculty, students and staff to understand the breadth and depth of their work and inquiry, discover unmet needs, and offer technologies that address these needs. We implement and integrate UW online tools, open source and vendor solutions, and cloud services—course delivery tools, the university portal, mobile applications and data analytics software—that help faculty teach more effectively and smooth students’ transitions through their UW careers.
- Accessible Technology: Helps ensure that the University’s technology-based teaching, learning and research tools and resources are accessible to and usable by all students, faculty and staff, including those with a wide range of abilities and disabilities. Also collaborates on national and international projects that promote the use of accessible technology.
- Classroom Technology & Events: Provides comprehensive classroom support and event venue services for UW Seattle, including multimedia and learning space design expertise, and innovative solutions in integrating technologies to enhance student learning.
- Learning Technologies: Provides direct assistance, consultation and workshops to support innovative uses of technologies in teaching and learning; supports student technology spaces; collaborates with UW partners to evaluate and support emerging technologies and practices that enhance teaching and learning.
- Planning & Facilities: Manages UW-IT space, including space planning assistance, oversight of tenant improvements, move coordination, and building maintenance and physical security services. Also, ensures that the technology needs of campus are known and supported in overall campus planning efforts, and acts as interface/collaborator between UW-IT and other campus units with facilities-related responsibilities.
- Student Program: Supports UW enterprise student applications for registration, admissions, financial aid and more, including overseeing modernization efforts; develops initiatives focused on delivering high value, shorter-term enhancements including the MyPlan online academic planning tool; represents the UW’s involvement in Kuali Student, a next-generation student administrative system being developed by a consortium of top-tier universities.
Vice Provost for Academic and Student Affairs and Deputy Chief Information Officer
Email | 206-543-6147
UW Mailbox: 354844
Executive Assistant to the Vice Provost for Academic and Student Affairs and Deputy Chief Information Officer
Email | 206-543-8827
UW Mailbox: 354844