What is Workday?
Workday is the new software system replacing the University’s 35-year-old, legacy payroll system (known as the Higher Education Payroll Personnel System, or HEPPS) and its many shadow systems.
It’s a centralized and standardized cloud-based software-as-a-service system (SaaS) that will be utilized by over 40,000 employees across all three campuses, the medical centers, and off-site facilities.
After the initial launch in June 2017, Workday enhancements will be added every six months. These updates ensure the UW stays up to date with technology changes, regulatory requirements, and our ever-expanding information needs.
Workday is a proven financial and employee management software that is used by financial services, government, healthcare, insurance, technology, non-profit, and other universities such as Cornell, Carnegie Mellon, Penn State, and Yale.
Workday’s numerous benefits include:
- A 24/7, easy-to-use application that works on PCs and Macs.
- Immediate access for executives, managers, and administrators to current human resources and payroll information.
- Online benefits enrollment and up to three direct deposit options.
- Reduction in manual paperwork, duplicative data entry, and data entry errors.
- Increased transparency and accountability through auditable business process workflows.
- Consistent implementation of the latest technological upgrades across the entire UW’s HR and payroll system.