UW Information Technology (UW-IT) strives for accuracy in billing but recognizes that discrepancies may occur.
Therefore, UW-IT will review a charge at customer request when notified within 90 days of the charge appearing in
MyFinancial.desktop (MyFD). If it is determined that the charge was made
in error by UW-IT, a reverse charge will be issued to refund
Request a Refund
Send email to email@example.com and let us know which charge
you believe was made in error.
- Include details so that we can locate your charge: department, date the charge appeared on MyFD (must be
within the last 90 days), budget number, charged amount, description of service billed, and reason for submitting the
We will send a reply email to notify you whether your budget is eligible for a refund based on the details
- If your request for a refund is confirmed, the charge will be reversed and will be processed to your budget.
- If it is determined that the charge was not the fault of UW-IT (for example: customer failed to cancel a
service), then we will verify the service should be cancelled to stop future billing.
Whom to Contact
If you have questions concerning this policy, please contact Cheryl DeBoise, UW-IT Director of Accounting
Operations, at 206-616-0208 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exceptions to this policy must be authorized in writing by the UW-IT Director of Accounting Operations or the
UW-IT Chief Financial Officer.
Factors Impacting the Policy
- Reconciliation Timeline: According to UW Budget Activity Reconciliation Process
Guidelines, budget reconciliations should be completed on a monthly basis within 45 days of the month-end close, but no less
frequently than quarterly (i.e., 90 days).
- Rate Setting Process: Some costs are included in cost pools that are allocated each year in the budget and
rate setting process. Rates are set once a year and adjustments are not made mid-year.
- Budget Cycle: As a public institution, the UW operates on a fiscal year and the State of Washington
biennial budget cycle. Once the fiscal year ends and the biennium is closed, prior periods cannot be adjusted.
May 11, 2012