Business Office (BO) Assistant
Department: Classroom Technology and Events Business Office
Supervisor: Noel Bain
Location: Kane Hall 035
The Business Office (BO) Assistant will collect information from clients and staff, reconcile, and follow complete documentation for the CTE Business Office (BO). Potential employees should be coachable, detail oriented, knowledgeable in use of MS Word and Excel, email, and must have excellent customer service skills. Student must be available to work during the summer.
We are looking for a freshman to fill this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reconciliation – (Purchases, Credit card, Billing, etc.) Collect backup documentation
- Filing – Personnel, purchasing, receiving cash/check and credit card records
- Various forms for processing transactions – including Check Request, Invoices, Bank Deposit, ProCards, etc.
- Gathering backup documentation, researching cases
- Work with BO staff to update office files for better efficiency
- Work independently and use resources to problem-solve in a business environment
- Maintain a positive, helpful and professional nature with faculty, staff, students, and clients
- Ability to multitask
- Professional communication skills including telephone skills, written communication, and in-person conversations using tact, patience, friendliness, and knowledge
- Perform other related duties and assignments as assigned
Work is assigned on a quarterly basis. Assignment will be at a minimum of two days per week, four hours per day between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Work is based on class schedule and availability of other students and is not to exceed 19.5 hours per week.
Initial employment is for one quarter and may be extended on a quarterly basis dependent on the Business Office need and overall job performance.
Orientation & Training:
Orientation and training for all BO processes and procedures.
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.