Information Technology Accessibility Student Assistant
The Information Technology Accessibility Student Assistant will assist the UW-IT accessibility team with accessibility/usability testing of campus websites/web applications and relevant third-party applications. He/she will record and transcribe meeting notes, be trained to perform accessibility/usability testing on web pages and applications used within the UW system, compile accessibility reports, and provide follow-up to help make the necessary changes.
- Assist with logistics for online meetings.
- Take notes in meetings.
- Assist with testing and compiling reports on accessibility/usability of websites/web applications.
- Follow-up with clients on accessibility/usability enhancements.
- Create suite of HTML test pages.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience using a variety of computers and operating systems.
- Experience in web development to include solid HTML skills.
- Desired experience with one or more assistive technologies.
- Desire to learn about assistive technology and interact with diverse clientele.
- Ability to proofread and edit documents.
- Partial completion of a college degree.
- Prior work experience desired, but not required.
Selected candidates will receive training in accessibility/usability.
If you are interested in applying, send your cover letter and resume to Susie Hawkey, Operations Manager, Accessible Technology Services & DO-IT, UW-IT. Email address: email@example.com.