UW-IT’s Seven Strategic Goals
Our strategic planning is focused on the best ways to leverage current and emerging technologies and resources to support students, faculty and staff while managing risk and delivering services in the most efficient, cost-effective way.
- Enable Innovative Teaching and Learning: Provide technology to support and improve the teaching and learning experience.
- Support World-Class Research: Support UW research with up-to-date tools and resources.
- Modernize Information and Business Systems: Provide modern, flexible and integrated business information systems to support a complex, global research institution and access to better business information for planning and analysis.
- Provide Access to Excellent Infrastructure: Deliver highly functional, reliable and invisible infrastructure that just works—and doesn’t get in the way.
- Enhance Collaboration: Provide excellent productivity tools, and enable easy, secure collaboration with partners at the UW and beyond.
- Reduce Enterprise Risk: Support UW’s risk management objectives by promoting privacy, security, business continuity and compliance.
- Better IT Management: Improve the operational efficiency and transparency of UW-IT.