The UW-IT Strategic Investment Plan outlines a three-year strategy on how best to leverage current and emerging technologies and resources to support students, faculty and staff while managing risk and delivering services in the most efficient, cost-effective way.
UW-IT Strategic Goals
- Provide Access to Excellent Infrastructure: Deliver highly functional, reliable and invisible infrastructure that just works—and doesn’t get in the way.
- Enhance Collaboration: Provide excellent productivity tools, and enable easy, secure collaboration with partners at the UW and beyond.
- Enable Innovative Teaching and Learning: Provide technology to support and improve the teaching and learning experience.
- Support World-Class Research: Support UW research with up-to-date tools and resources.
- Modernize Information and Business Systems: Provide modern, flexible and integrated business information systems to support a complex, global research institution and access to better business information for planning and analysis.
- Reduce Enterprise Risk: Support UW’s risk management objectives by promoting privacy, security, business continuity and compliance.
- Better IT Management: Improve the operational efficiency and transparency of UW-IT.