Undergraduate Academic Affairs
Budget News & Resources
December 2, 2008
Dear UAA Colleagues
As the state’s budget dilemma continues to unfold, we will use this space to share and archive information relative to Undergraduate Academic Affairs. This page will be one form of communication aimed at being a resource for our unit. Of course, continuing to communicate via email, phone, and in person are all important and will continue.
On this page, you will find links to the mission, vision, and values of Undergraduate Academic Affairs and to the vision and values of the University of Washington. Holding these documents close will be critical as we consider our priorities and opportunities to focus our work, keeping in mind that which is essential to our work and the UW undergraduate experience. It is now imperative that we think long term — where do we want to be in 5-10 years?
Additionally, UAA budget planning principles, links to the Office of the Vice Provost for Planning and Budgeting, and other links as the need arises will be included here.
Vice Provost & Dean
Help address the budget challenge by submitting your ideas
The University is facing sobering budget cuts that will require innovation and collaboration from across the University. If you have ideas about how Undergraduate Academic Affairs can save money, reduce costs, improve efficiency or effectiveness, eliminate redundancies and/or increase revenues, or bring about new innovations, we want to hear from you.
Your ideas will be collected for Ed Taylor and his executive staff. By setting up this separate email address, we keep these ideas together rather than mixed within any one person’s email.
Thank you for taking the time to provide ideas and suggestions as we work together during these difficult budget times.
How to submit your ideas
When submitting your ideas, please:
- Describe your idea (no more than a page)
- Describe short-term and long-term costs/savings/benefits, if possible
- Focus on positive steps we can take to support UW’s and UAA’s Vision and Values
- Provide your name and email
We are committed to sharing your ideas with others in our UW community. Please note all comments will be considered as public. If you would like us to withhold your name, please let us know.
We will read all ideas submitted. Depending upon the volume of suggestions, we may find ourselves unable to respond to all emails directly. We appreciate your understanding, and thank you for your ideas!
Please submit your comments via email to: email@example.com.
- University of Washington Vision & Values
- Undergraduate Academic Affairs Mission, Vision & Values
- Office of the Vice Provost for Planning and Budgeting
- UAA Budget Planning Principles
- Winter 2009 All-UAA Meeting Notes
- Winter 2009 All-UAA Meeting Presentaton
- UAA Draft Budget Reduction Plan 2009-11
- Capitol Update: Info and updates from State Relations Director Randy Hodgins
- Letter from President Emmert | Latest State Revenue Forecast | June 18, 2009
- Letter from Ed Taylor | Budget Update | May 8, 2009
- Letter from President Emmert | The 2009-11 State Budget for the University of Washington | April 10, 2009
- Letter from President Emmert | The State Budget and UW Tuition | April 10, 2009
- Letter from President Emmert Regarding WA State Legislature Budget Proposals | Mar. 31, 2009
- Letter from President Emmert Regarding Today’s Layoffs | March 2, 2009
- Letter from President Emmert to UW Faculty, Staff and Students | Feb. 12, 2009
- Letter from Vice Provost & Dean Ed Taylor to UAA Staff | Jan. 27, 2009
- Letter from President Emmert to UW Alumni and Friends | Jan. 15, 2009
- Travel & Hiring Approval Processes | Ed Taylor | Jan. 14, 2009
- State Budget Challenges | Mark Emmert | Dec. 19, 2008
- December e-Newsletter Message to UAA Staff | Ed Taylor | Dec. 11, 2008
- Provost Budget Message to UW Community | Phyllis Wise | Dec 10, 2008
- Budget Issues | Patricia Wrobel | Wednesday, Dec 03, 2008
- Letter from President Emmert to Faculty Senate | Mark Emmert | Monday, Dec 01, 2008
- State Budget Challenges | Mark Emmert | Nov 20, 2008
- Update on the Budget Email to UAA Directors | Ed Taylor | Nov 19, 2008