The Student Activities Office (SAO) encourages students to join an RSO or participate in student government, and take full advantage of opportunities to enrich the cultural, social, recreational and political life of campus. SAO advises and works closely with registered student organizations and student government leaders on campus in the Associated Students of the University of Washington (ASUW) and the Graduate and Professional Student Senate (GPSS).
Currently, there are more than 600 registered student organizations (RSOs) available for students to get involved with. SAO services include event planning, general program advising, leadership workshops, funding assistance, skill development, practical career experience, volunteer recruitment, and programming options.
Join an RSO or participate in student government and experience these benefits:
- Develop new abilities and leadership skills
- Work with a team of peers
- Experience the satisfaction of setting and meeting goals
- Make new friends
- Develop campus-wide events or activities
- Share talents or interests with the UW community
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!