Accessing Pre-Health Advising
We are excited to be your advising resource and partner as you explore, plan your academic coursework, reflect on your health care experiences, and go through the application process.
There is not one right way to prepare for these programs; working with an adviser can help you to individualize the pre-health information in this web site to your situation.
Ways to Access Pre-Health Advising:
- Review the "Getting Started" and “Explore, Prepare, Apply” pages on this site, as well as the relevant info for any of the health professions you are considering on the "Planning for Specific Healthcare Professions" page.
- If you are interested in an undergraduate program, such as Environmental Health, Health Informatics & Health Information Management, Medical Laboratory Science, Public Health, or Speech & Hearing Sciences, you should plan to meet with an adviser in that department.
- If you are a participant in the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) or TRiO Student Support Services or CAMP we encourage you to meet with your adviser in the Academic Counseling Services Office (206-543-7132) AND we welcome you to meet with UAA pre-health advisers as well!
- For Pre-Nursing advising: please see Stephanie Pung or Christina Kerr or Joslin Boroughs in UAA Advising. If you are a participant in the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) you are encouraged to contact Gracielle Yan by calling 206.221.2843 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We encourage you to work with your assigned academic adviser during your first quarter to work out course planning for your first year.
- All students are welcome to subscribe our blog, where we post about information and activities that are of interest to students considering or preparing for a career in health care.
- We also invite all students to come by Pre-health drop-in advising Thursdays from 2-4 PM in MGH 258 during weeks when class is in session.
- You are welcome to send questions and comments (but not appointment requests) through email.
- After reviewing the relevant information on the Pre-Health Advising website for the health career(s) you're interested in, you can make an appointment with a Pre-Health Adviser.
Not a UW student?
Due to the volume of undergraduate students served, we can only meet with UW Seattle undergraduate students and alumni.
Prospective students are also welcome to attend our Pre-health drop-in advising Thursdays from 2-4 PM in MGH 258 during weeks when class is in session.