Faculty Fellows Program
Faculty Fellows 2016: September 6-8, 2016
- Call for new faculty will be sent to colleges and schools on May 16.
- Registration is now closed. Deadline to register was Friday, August 26, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
- If you would like to participate and did not complete the online registration, come to early packet pick up and register on site. See below for early packet pick updates and times.
*Didn’t see an invitation? Check your UW email or the current email address on file with your department.
Quick links: 2016 program details
- For more information contact Christine Sugatan at 206-221-3811 or email email@example.com.
About Faculty Fellows
The Faculty Fellows Program orients new faculty to the University campus community. The Program is facilitated by a number of campus educators, including those that have received campus-wide teaching awards. Presenters and facilitators actively engage our new faculty members on a number of topics including, but not limited to, panel discussions with UW students, effective teaching methods and techniques for balancing the demands of successful teaching and research.
Dates and how to register
The Faculty Fellows Program will be held from September 6 through 8, 2016. Follow up discussions will take place during the year and are currently scheduled for: October 28, December 2, January 27, March 3, and April 18. An end-of-year social will be held on June 2. Additional details are forthcoming.
- Schedule of events and activities
- August 31: Early packet pick up from 1:00-4:00 p.m. in Gerberding Hall, Rm. 100
- September 1: Early packet pick up from 1:00-4:00 p.m. in Gerberding Hall, Rm. 100
- September 2: Early packet pick up from 11:00-2:00 p.m. in Gerberding Hall, Rm. 100
- September 6-8: Faculty Fellows Program 2016
Once an email invitation has been received, participants must confirm their intention by registering through an online WebQ survey. The link is provided within the email invitation and registrants will need their UW NetID to access the online form. Submission of the online registration form confirms full participation.
Instructions on how to set up your UW NetID can be found here. Your home department should also be able to assist you in this process.
*Because participation in the program is invitation-only, external email addresses will be unable to access the registration form. A UW NetID is required.
The Faculty Fellows Program 2016 Schedule is now available.
UW Bothell: New Faculty Orientation will be held September 19 and 21, 2016. For information, contact Ellen Weinstein, HR Manager for Faculty, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UW Tacoma: New Faculty Orientation will be held September 12-13, 2016. For information, contact Alison Navarrete, Director of Academic Human Resources, at email@example.com.
Parking and maps
Parking is not provided for Faculty Fellows Program participants. Please follow the link for the campus map listing parking lots and building locations. Most events will be held in Mary Gates Hall which is easily accessible for those who wish to park in the Central Plaza Parking Garage. UW Seattle parking is $15 (cash or card) upon gate arrival.
For information about the program, contact Christine Sugatan at 206-221-3811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. New faculty should also contact his/her departmental administrator should there be any pending issues that our office is not aware of.