Faculty Fellows Program
Faculty Fellows 2016: September 6-8, 2016*
- Call for new faculty will be sent to colleges and schools on May 16.
- Email invitations with registration information will be sent in late June.
- Ongoing registration for the program begins early July, ending mid August.*
- *Exact registration dates and other related programming are still underway.
Quick links: 2016 program details
- For more information contact Christine Sugatan at 206-221-3811 or email email@example.com.
About Faculty Fellows
The Faculty Fellows Program orients new faculty to the University campus community. The Program is facilitated by a number of campus educators, including those that have received campus-wide teaching awards. Presenters and facilitators actively engage our new faculty members on a number of topics including, but not limited to, panel discussions with UW students, effective teaching methods and techniques for balancing the demands of successful teaching and research.
Dates and how to register
The Faculty Fellows Program will be held from September 6 through 8, 2016. Follow up discussions will take place during the year and are currently scheduled for: October 28, December 2, January 27, March 3, and April 18. An end-of-year social will be held on June 2. Additional details are forthcoming.
- Schedule of events and activities
- August 31: Early bird packet pick up from 1:00-4:00 p.m. in Gerberding Hall, Rm. 100
- September 1: Early bird packet pick up from 1:00-4:00 p.m. in Gerberding Hall, Rm. 100
- September 2: Early bird packet pick up from 1:00-4:00 p.m. in Gerberding Hall, Rm. 100
- September 6-8: Faculty Fellows Program 2016
Once an email invitation has been received, participants must confirm their intention by registering through an online WebQ survey. The link is provided within the email invitation and registrants will need their UW NetID to access the online form. Submission of the online registration form confirms full participation.
Instructions on how to set up your UW NetID can be found here. Your home department should also be able to assist you in this process.
*Because participation in the program is invitation-only, external email addresses will be unable to access the registration form. A UW NetID is required.
The Faculty Fellows 2016 Program is not available at this time. For reference, please refer to the Faculty Fellows Program 2015.
UW Bothell: Bothell will be hosting orientation for its new faculty. Date is to be determined.
UW Tacoma: New Faculty Orientation will be held September 12-13, 2016. For information, contact Alison Navarrete, Director of Academic Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking and maps
Parking is not provided for Faculty Fellows Program participants. Please follow the link for the campus map listing parking lots and building locations. Most events will be held in Mary Gates Hall which is easily accessible for those whko wish to park in the Central Plaza Parking Garage. UW Seattle parking is $15 (cash or card) upon gate arrival.
For information about the program, contact Christine Sugatan at 206-221-3811 or email email@example.com. New faculty should also contact his/her departmental administrator should there be any pending issues that our office is not aware of.