Center for Teaching and Learning
Faculty Fellows Program
Faculty Fellows 2015: September 9-11, 2015*
- Email invitations with registration information will be sent starting the week of July 6.
- Registration for the program begins July 6 through August 31, 2015.
- Please see below for a list of scheduled activities/events
- * Monday, September 14, 2015 are dedicated technology workshops for FFP participants.
Quick Links: 2015 Program Details
- For more information contact Christine Sugatan at 206-221-3811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Faculty Fellows
The Faculty Fellows Program orients new faculty to the University campus community. The Program is facilitated by a number of campus educators, including those that have received campus-wide teaching awards. Presenters and facilitators actively engage our new faculty members on a number of topics including, but not limited to, panel discussions with UW students, effective teaching methods and techniques for balancing the demands of successful teaching and research.
Dates and How to Register
The Faculty Fellows Program will be held from September 9 through 11, 2015. In addition, technology workshops will be held for FFP participants on September 14, 2015. Quarterly follow ups will be held on January 22 and April 15, 2016.
- Schedule of events and activities
- September 3: Early bird packet pick up from 1:00-4:00 p.m. in Gerberding Hall, Rm. 100
- September 4: Early bird packet pick up from 1:00-4:00 p.m. in Gerberding Hall, Rm. 100
- September 8: Early bird packet pick up and Informal Reception from 1:00-4:00 p.m. in Gerberding Hall, Rm. 100. Pick up your packet, say hi, and have a snack on us.
- September 9-11: Faculty Fellows Program
- September 14: Technology workshops for FFP participants
- January 22, 2016: Winter follow up and lunch for FFP participants
- April 15, 2016: Spring follow up and lunch for FFP participants
Once an email invitation has been received, participants must confirm their intention by registering through an online WebQ survey. The link is provided with the email invitation, and registrants will need their UW NetID to access the online form. Submission of the online registration form confirms full participation.
Instructions on how to set up your UW NetID can be found HERE. Your home department should also be able to assist you in this process.
*Because participation in the program is invitation-only, external email addresses will be unable to access the registration form. A UW NetID is required.
Daily schedule can be found here: Faculty Fellows Program 2015.
UW Bothell: Bothell will be hosting orientation for its new faculty on Wednesday, September 16 and Thursday, September 17, 2015. For questions, please contact Robyn Smidley (email@example.com).
UW Tacoma: Tacoma will be hosting orientation for its new faculty Monday, September 14 and Tuesday, September 15, 2015. For questions, please contact Alison Navarrete (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Parking and Maps
Parking is not provided for Faculty Fellows Program participants. Please follow the link for the campus map listing parking lots and building locations. Most events will be held in Mary Gates Hall which is easily accessible for those who wish to park in the Central Plaza Parking Garage. UW Seattle parking is $15 (cash or card) upon gate arrival.
For information about the program, contact Christine Sugatan at 206-221-3811 or email email@example.com. New faculty should also contact his/her departmental administrator should there be any pending issues that our office is not aware of.