Center for Teaching and Learning
Faculty Fellows Program
Faculty Fellows 2014: September 9-12*
Email invitations will be sent starting the week of June 16, 2014
Registration Period: June 16 through August 29, 2014
• online registration will automatically close 8/29 at 5:00 p.m. (PST)
Registration is now CLOSED. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
* With quarterly follow up opportunities scheduled for January 23 and April 10, 2015.
Quick Links: 2014 Program Details
- For more information contact Christine Sugatan at 206-221-3811 or email email@example.com.
About Faculty Fellows
The Faculty Fellows Program orients new faculty to the University campus community. The Program is facilitated by a number of campus educators, including those that have received campus-wide teaching awards. Presenters and facilitators actively engage our new faculty members on a number of topics including, but not limited to, panel discussions with UW students, effective teaching methods and techniques for balancing the demands of successful teaching and research.
The Faculty Fellows Program will now use a compensation model that differs from the model of earlier years. Colleges now decide whether or not to compensate Faculty Fellows participants in their college and at what level. This change was approved by the Board of Deans and Chancellors in Spring 2013. Chairs and directors were to be notified by their dean or chancellor.
If you or your department is unsure where the compensation stands, please direct any questions about compensation to the following:
- UW Bothell: Annie Littlefield, Academic Human Resources Specialist, at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-352-5256
- UW Seattle: Please contact your college dean or administrator
- UW Tacoma: Alison Navarrete, Director of Academic Human Resources, Academic Affairs at: email@example.com.
Dates and How to Register
The Faculty Fellows Program will be held from September 9 through 12, 2014. Quarterly follow ups will be held on January 23 and April 10, 2015.
Once an email invitation has been received, participants must confirm their intention by registering through an online WebQ survey. The link is provided with the email invitation, and registrants will need their UW NetID to access the online form. Submission of the online registration form confirms full participation.
Instructions on how to set up your UW NetID can be found HERE. Your home department should also be able to assist you in this process.
*Because participation in the program is invitation-only, external email addresses will be unable to access the registration form.
The Faculty Fellows 2014 Final Program is now available. Times listed and venues are final. Please contact the program with any questions or clarification.
UPDATE: The daily schedule for the 2014 Faculty Fellows Program is as follows:
- Tuesday, September 9: 9:00-4:00 p.m.*
• Check-in is from 9:00-10:00 in Johnson (JHN) Hall (lobby)
• Includes a welcome, plenary session, and concurrent workshops to choose from.
- Wednesday, September 10: 9:00-4:00 p.m.*
• Includes one plenary session, a host of concurrent workshops to choose from, sponsored lunch by University Libraries.
- Thursday, September 11: 9:00-4:00 p.m.*
• Concurrent technology workshops and Teaching Reflections.
• Social hour at the end of the day.
• Teaching Reflections Worksheet and Guidelines
- Friday, September 12: 8:30-12:00 p.m.*
• Tenure and promotion sessions, resources, and more.
UW Bothell: Bothell will be hosting orientation for its new faculty on Wednesday, September 17 and Friday, September 19, 2014.
UW Tacoma: Tacoma will be hosting orientation for its new faculty on September 16, 2014
*Coffee, tea, and things will be available 30 minutes prior to the start of each day.
Other New Faculty Events and Invitations
• Benefits Orientation for participants of the Faculty Fellows Program, Friday, Sept. 12 from 1:00-3:00 in Savery Hall. For questions, please contact the Benefits Office at 206-543-2810. Additional orientation workshop dates can be found at: https://ucs.admin.washington.edu/pod/Course/Details/B0001
• UW Club, Wednesday, Sept. 17 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Annual meeting and membership reception with opportunities for new faculty to experience the benefits of joining the UW Club. UW Club flyer.
Parking and Maps
Parking is not provided for Faculty Fellows Program participants. Please follow the link for the campus map listing parking lots and building locations. Most events will be held in Mary Gates Hall which is easily accessible for those who wish to park in the Central Plaza Parking Garage. UW Seattle parking is $15 (cash or card) upon gate arrival.
For information about the program, contact Christine Sugatan at 206-221-3811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. New faculty should also contact his/her departmental administrator should there be any pending issues that our office is not aware of.