Center for Teaching and Learning
Interactive Theater as Pedagogy Project
Using interactive theater to promote inclusive teaching and learning
ITPP is a collaboration between the Center for Teaching and Learning and Memory War Theater, a Seattle-based theater company devoted to personal and community transformation through performing arts, partnerships and education. The Interactive Theater as Pedagogy Project (ITPP) uses Theater of the Oppressed and other interactive theater approaches to:
- Advance community dialogue among faculty, students, staff educators, and academic administrators about creating inclusive teaching and learning environments.
- Generate and rehearse a variety of responses to challenging situations related to classroom and institutional climate.
- Promote performance pedagogies (i.e., active learning and multi-modal pedagogical approaches) in educational settings.
- Interactive Theater Around the World
- Relevant Publications (Coming Soon)