About the Center for Teaching and Learning
A partnership of the Graduate School, Undergraduate Academic Affairs, and the UW Libraries, the Center for Teaching and Learning promotes student learning by supporting and strengthening the UW teaching community.
The Center works with individuals and groups, as well as in collaboration with campus partners, to share knowledge of best practices and evidence-based research on teaching, learning, and mentoring.
CTL is committed to:
- A responsive stance to change, trends, and emerging needs
- Lifelong learning and learning beyond the classroom
- Diversity pedagogies
- Technologies that advance teaching and learning
- A culture of experimentation
- Sustainable models
- Integration of teaching, learning, and research
- Individual and peer-to-peer teaching and learning practices
CTL fosters a visible, active, cohesive network of people from across the university focused on and promoting an institutional teaching culture.
Would you like to learn more about CTL’s programs and services? Download a PDF copy of our 2015-2016 Annual Report.