Center for Teaching and Learning
About the Center for Teaching and Learning
The Center for Teaching and Learning promotes student learning by supporting and strengthening the UW teaching community.
The Center works with individuals and groups, as well as in collaboration with campus partners, to share knowledge of best practices and evidence-based research on teaching, learning, and mentoring.
The CTL is committed to:
- A responsive stance to change, trends, and emerging needs
- Lifelong learning and learning beyond the classroom
- Diversity pedagogies
- Technologies that advance teaching and learning
- A culture of experimentation
- Sustainable models
- Integration of teaching, learning, and research
- Individual and peer-to-peer teaching and learning practices
The CTL fosters a visible, active, cohesive network of people from across the university focused on and promoting an institutional teaching culture.