Reciprocity Questions

The University of Washington does not have reciprocity agreements with neighboring states for undergraduate, graduate, dental, pharmacy, or law students. There is a reciprocity program for medical students as described below.

Individual community colleges and four-year universities within the Idaho and Oregon border regions may, at their discretion, offer residency rates to border state students; please inquire with the school of choice about tuition rates as Idaho or Oregon students.

There are exchange programs available for students who retain residency in their home state. The UW Residence Classification Office is NOT involved in any way with these programs. For information on these programs, students should consult the following websites:

  • Undergraduate students: Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) -- a program of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE)
  • Medical students: Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, Idaho (WWAMI)