To apply for a change in residence classification:
- Complete and print the Residence Questionnaire PDF.
- Return the completed original Residence Questionnaire (we cannot accept scans/emails or a fax for the initial application) to our office along with supporting documentation.
- ATTENTION: UW Tacoma students/applications must submit their residency documentation directly to the Tacoma campus. Building MAT 253 Box #358400
- Review can take 4-6 weeks. Contacting our office to ask about your file decreases the time available to our limited staff for processing paperwork. Please help our staff process files in a timely fashion by waiting 6 weeks before inquiring about the status of your paperwork.
Please note: Once the application and its contents have been submitted, it becomes the property of the University of Washington and will not be returned to students. The University keeps the documentation in a high security vault for 7 years (for records and auditing purposes) and destroys the files after that time period. It is suggested students make copies for themselves in case they need it for future references.
Other Application Forms
- Active Duty Military/Dependents: Resident Tuition for Military Members PDF
- National Guard: Resident Tuition for National Guard Members PDF
- American Indian Students: Resident Tuition for American Indian Students PDF
- HB 1079 Students: Washington Higher Education Residency Affidavit PDF
All forms in this section are PDF documents that can be opened with Adobe Acrobat. If you need a copy of the software, you can download a free copy of Acrobat Reader from the Adobe website.