Registration at UW
How to Register
Web Registration through MyUW is quick and easy if you follow these simple steps.
The Registration Process for All Students
- To register, select the MyUW Logo and log in. If you are not a UW student or have not yet set up your UW NetID, you may enter MyUW through the guest portal for a limited view of MyUW.
- Select Registration located in the Personal Services section.
- Select Time Schedule under Registration Resources to see course offerings, availability and other course registration restrictions. Use the Time Schedule in tandem with the registration page to register for your classes.
You are now ready to register. There are two methods you may use:
- If the courses you wish to register for do not have multiple meeting times, you may continue with step 5 to add those specific courses.
- If the courses you wish to add have multiple meeting days and or times, you may want to use Schedule Finder.
- In the Time Schedule, each course is assigned a five-digit Schedule Line Number (SLN). After you have selected Registration (step #2), enter this number in the appropriate field on the Web Registration Form.
- Enter an Add Code or Faculty Number (if one is required otherwise leave blank). Add codes are generally available from the advising office of the offering department or from the instructor of the course.
- For courses offered with variable credit, enter the credit agreed upon between you and the course instructor or adviser, otherwise leave blank.
- Select Satisfactory/Not Satisfactory if you do not want to take this course for a numerical grade. This option is not available for courses offered Credit/No Credit Only. Check with your advisor regarding any departmental restrictions or graduation requirements before selecting the S/NS grading option.