Laboratory research involving semi-quantitative immunohistochemistry of mammalian tissues
Student learning goals
1) Basic principles of microscopy
2) Basic principles of immunohistochemistry
3) Familiarity of hardward and software in the Keck Center of Microscopy, Univ. of Washington
4) Development of skills for small group presentations of research, including appropriate use of PowerPoint presentations
5) Beginning familiarity with implications of the research for the pathogenesis of human diseases associated with aging.
General method of instruction
General background in biology and biochemistry
Class assignments and grading
Discussions of objectives of the research, methodologies, tabulation of results and interpretations of results.
a mix of oral and verbal reports on progress