The University of Washington has a number of policies or rules that establish standards for conduct and expectations for appropriate behavior.
- UW General Conduct Code
- Establishes expectations for general conduct and sanctions for violating the conduct code.
- Standard of Conduct for UW Faculty
- Section 25-71 of the Faculty Code, included in the UW Policy Directory, sets forth expectations for behavior and methods for resolving allegations of misconduct.
- UW Student Conduct Code
- Governs student conduct and sets forth disciplinary and appeal processes.
- UW Alcohol & Drug Abuse Policy
- Establishes the University's commitment to maintain a campus environment that is free of illegal drugs and of drugs and alcohol used illegally.
- UW Policy & Procedure on Violence in the Workplace
- Establishes the University's prohibition of violent behavior and the procedures that are to be followed in reporting urgent and emerging or potential threats.
- Reporting Suspected Child Abuse
- Describes the mandatory reporting requirements for all University employees and volunteers who have reasonable cause to believe that a child has suffered abuse or neglect.
- UW Crime Prevention
- Describes the function of the University Police Department's Crime Prevention Unit and ways for members of the University community to assist in preventing crime.
- UW Non-Discrimination and Affirmative Action Policy
- Establishes prohibition against discrimination, harassment (including sexual harassment) and retaliation.
- Employee Complaint Resolution
- Provides a summary of UW Employee Complaint Resolution options.