Help for Students in Distress

There are a number of University-provided resources that can help with information about or to which you can refer students in distress.

UW Tacoma Student Counseling Center
253-692-4501 Helps students cope with stresses and personal issues. Provides individual, couple, and group counseling; educational workshops and classroom presentations; support groups; consultation with students, faculty, and staff; and referrals, when appropriate, to community mental health and social service providers.

Hall Health Mental Health Clinic
206-543-5030 - Provides mental health services to students, faculty and staff, including assessments; individual, couple, family and group therapy; medication evaluation and management; and referrals when appropriate to other campus or community resources.

UW Women's Center
206-685-1090 - The Women's Center offers a safe space and point of contact for students and community members in addressing sensitive issues in their lives, such as domestic violence, sexual assault, depression and eating disorders. The UW Women's Center houses a large collection of resources that enable the staff to connect those in need with appropriate services.


If you or others may be in danger


253-692-SAFE (7233)
For advice and resources


Campus Safety Escort Program