The University of Washington has a number of policies or rules that establish standards for conduct and expectations for appropriate behavior.
Child Abuse or Negelect Reporting Requirements:
As of June 7, 2012, RCW 26.44, the Abuse of Children Law, was amended to expand the mandate to report suspected child abuse to “administrative, academic and athletic department employees, including student employees” of institutions of higher education in Washington State. Those higher education employees now have a mandatory duty to report suspected child abuse or neglect directly to law enforcement or the Department of Social and Health Services. All other higher education employees are required to report suspected abuse within 48 hours to an administrator or supervisor designated by the institution. Learn more about this requirement.
- UW General Conduct Code
- Establishes expectations for general conduct and sanctions for violating the conduct code.
- Standard of Conduct for UW Faculty
- Section 25-71 of the Faculty Code, included in the UW Policy Directory, sets forth expectations for behavior and methods for resolving allegations of misconduct.
- UW Student Conduct Code
- Governs student conduct and sets forth disciplinary and appeal processes.
- UW Alcohol & Drug Abuse Policy
- Establishes the University's commitment to maintain a campus environment that is free of illegal drugs and of drugs and alcohol used illegally.
- UW Policy & Procedure on Violence in the Workplace
- Establishes the University's prohibition of violent behavior and the procedures that are to be followed in reporting urgent and emerging or potential threats.
- UW Crime Prevention
- Describes the function of the University Police Department's Crime Prevention Unit and ways for members of the University community to assist in preventing crime.
- UW Non-Discrimination and Affirmative Action Policy
- Establishes prohibition against discrimination, harassment (including sexual harassment) and retaliation.
- Employee Complaint Resolution
- Provides a summary of UW Employee Complaint Resolution options.