Financial Interest Disclosure System (FIDS)
Latest Product Update
Submitted by lschub on March 19, 2013 - 10:48am
- New Action Items section: Investigators can easily see what they need to do next in the new Action Items section on the FIDS Profile page. This section lists investigators’ pending disclosures and easily allows the creation of new ones.
- SFI Updates: When an existing Significant Financial Interest (SFI) is updated or deleted, any related disclosure which has not yet reached the Review Complete or No Review Required status will reflect the changes.
- The Institutional Official will review the most current SFI and disclosures which have deleted SFI.
- A new section in the disclosure will display information about the deleted SFI.
- Edit Disclosures: Investigators can now edit any disclosure that is not in Review Complete or No Review Required status. This means related research activities can be selected/deselected, and on disclosures for non-Public Health Service (PHS) sponsored eGC1s, and Center for Commercialization (C4C) and Human Subjects Division (HSD) activities, SFI can be selected or deselected.
- FCOI displayed: The Institutional Official can check a box to indicate which SFI in a disclosure are financial conflicts of interest (FCOI). Investigators will be able to view but not change this indication.
- Later review: The determination of whether a review is required for primary eGC1 disclosures with no SFI will occur as part of the Just in Time (JIT) process instead of when the disclosure is submitted.
- New history section: Changes in status and SFI now display in a new History section on the Disclosure Summary page and on a page the Institutional Official views.
- Concurrency: When multiple people are editing a disclosure, only the first person to save their changes will be able to save. Subsequent users will not be able to save their updates until the page is refreshed and displays the first person’s changes.
- Review Statuses displayed: The Disclosures section on the Profile page will now display the Review Statuses of each disclosure: Review Required, Waiting for JIT, No Review Required, Duplicate, or Review Complete.
- Related Sponsored Research Projects: By default, only the primary eGC1 will be selected in the Related Sponsored Research Projects section of a disclosure. You will have to manually select other eGC1s that are related to the disclosure.