The setup window for Stipends is used to add a new budget line item. Enter an appropriate description for the stipend.
Note: Stipends are not associated with a specific student.
The specific sub-object code for Stipends (08-02) automatically prepopulates for you.
Use the optional Note field to add any relevant information.
For more information about sub-object codes, see Object Codes for Expenditures (For the Financial Accounting System–FAS).
Note: If you enabled Targets & Limits and are establishing Student Aid as an Auto-Adjusting line, you will see additional fields on its page in place of the Cascade Entries box.
- Period Minimum defines the minimum allowable sum for this budget line item.
- Period Maximum defines the maximum allowable sum for this budget line item.
- Priority defines the order in which funds will be allocated across line items based on your budget target, with funds going to Priority 1 items first.
On the worksheet, a TL icon, in place of the Delete Line button, identifies these line items.
When you have finished the setup, selecting Update Periods will display the Update Periods modal.
The # of Stipends and Stipend Amount Rate fields default to the value of zero (0). The General Inflation Rate (%) field will display the General Inflation Rate as set in the Global Attributes section of the Properties page. You can adjust it as needed.
The name of the period and its date range will display at the top of the period column.
Values entered in the setup step for the Description and UW Sub-Object Code display here for reference.
You will need to enter values for these fields for each period:
- # of Stipends is the number for this period.
- Stipend Amount is the dollar amount for this period.
The Period Subtotal and Total will recalculate when you click the Save button or the Next Period button.
- Period Subtotal = Number of Stipends times Stipend Amount
- Total = Period Subtotal plus (General Inflation Rate (%) times Period Subtotal)
At this point you do either one of the following:
- Select Save and Return to Worksheet to save your data, close the Update Periods modal and return to the worksheet.
- Select Line Setup link to save your data and return to the Line Setup modal where you can edit any of the values, as needed.