SAGE creates an approval flow based on a combination of the data in the eGC1 and the routing rules for each school/college. Factors include:
- The organization receiving funding
- The principal investigator’s primary position unit or possibly the selected unit when the PI has a joint academic appointment
- The primary position unit or possibly the selected unit of any additional research personnel
- Any UW unit with a cost sharing commitment
- The academic units or central offices connected to certain compliance question explanations (See Compliance Reviewers for more details.)
- The additional organizational unit reviewers added on the PI, Personnel & Organizations page
Each unit at the UW determines its own routing rules for each of the factors. For example, one organizational unit may require approval from the division, department, and Dean while another unit may require approval only from the Dean.
The local ASTRA administrator for a business unit assigns specific reviewer roles to individuals in ASTRA. The current academic unit roles are
- Division Reviewer (limited by organization code)
- Department or Center Reviewer (limited by organization code)
- Dean’s Reviewer (limited by organization code)
- Vice Chancellor Academic Affairs (Bothell, Tacoma)
- Vice Chancellor Admin Services (Bothell, Tacoma)
To have a backup, most units designate more than one reviewer. Only one reviewer for each unit needs to approve the eGC1.
Note: Any eGC1 owner (PI, eGC1 Preparer, Admin Contact, Budget Contact, Budget Preparer) or any reviewer can add an additional reviewer (called an ad hoc reviewer) for an individual or a role (for example, Dean’s Reviewer) to the approval flow once the eGC1 is routing.