Before you can request an Advance Budget Number, you must have the following information available:
- Proof of commitment on the part of the Sponsor. For example, a subaward commitment letter or a federal or state sponsor’s fundable score.
- An agreed amount of money to request as advance funding.
- A time period for the Advance Budget Number. You can request an Advance Budget for no more than 6 months.
- A designated contact person and box number for questions and communications from GCA.
- The number of the associated eGC1.
- The signature of the Chair or Dean of your department, guaranteeing all advance funding.
The PI or Department Administrator is responsible for monitoring advance budget expenditures. They must notify GCA within 10 working days prior to the end date of the advance budget if the award is still pending. In this situation, you have the option to request:
- A Supplement to increase the amount of funding available on the existing Advance Budget.
- An Extension to extend the availability of an existing Advance Budget Number for an additional three months. Note: An Advance Budget cannot exceed 12 months.
The process for requesting a renewal, supplement, or extension is similar to requesting a new Advance. In addition to the standard information, however, you will also need to know your Advance Budget Number.