- To help compliance with GIM 10’s requirement for submitting an annual Significant Financial Interest (SFI) disclosure, FIDS will send up to three email reminders to investigators when:
- an annual disclosure update is due in 45 days.
- the annual update is due in 15 days.
- they are out of compliance. This message is copied to the PI.
- We updated the Create New Disclosure and Disclose SFI pages to simplify the process for reaffirming investigators have no SFI for an annual update.
Other changes in FIDS
- On the Disclose Significant Financial Interests page, we revised the questions to make it easier for investigators to identify the relationship between their SFI and a particular disclosure for an eGC1.
- When adding new SFI, investigators will no longer be asked “Has this SFI been previously disclosed?” The question was intended to be used during the short term as we transitioned from a paper process to FIDS.
Other key changes outside of FIDS
- SAGE users are no longer able to send disclosure notifications from eGC1’s where the sponsor name is “Pending – Notify OSP of Correct Sponsor”; they also can’t send the notifications if the sponsor name is left blank. This will help ensure that the correct disclosure rules and requirements are applied when the PI is updating their SFI in FIDS.
- To make it easy to find the list of current Public Health Service sponsors, we created a new PHS Sponsors web page. The FCOI online training and other communications will link to this page.