RAPID consists of a staff of 6:
- Debbie Flores, Director - Debbie's expertise in human resources, management coaching, organizational development and process improvement comes from deep experience in both the public and the private sectors, including 12 years in the banking industry in both operational management positions and as an Assistant Vice President/Senior Staff Relations Officer. She has been at the UW for 15 years in several roles including HR Consultant, POD Trainer and HR Administrator in the College of Engineering Dean's Office. In 2007, Debbie was appointed Director of Operations and HR in the Office of Research, and oversees iSTAR (Improving Service To Advance Research). In mid-2011, she was appointed Director of the Provost's Organizational Effectiveness Initiative, which is now RAPID under the Office of Research. Debbie has been in the Human Resources field for 15 years, holds an SPHR (Senior Professional Human Resources) designation and is a certified mediator. She has a BA in Sociology from the University of Washington.
- Sherry Steinaway, Associate Director - Sherry brings extensive experience in higher education and health care. She spent many years at Harborview Medical Center as a director, manager and training specialist in organizational development and training, a director in human resources, as well as providing leadership in student life programs at the University of Washington, SUNY-Stony Brook, and the University of Michigan. Most recently, Sherry ran her own consulting business. She has deep expertise in change management and process improvement. Sherry has a BA in English Language & Literature and an MA in Communication Studies from the University of Michigan.
- Laurin Gaudinier, Metrics Analyst & Reporting Specialist - In her RAPID role, Laurin is available to assist groups in developing insightful metrics, and will create or assist others in creating reports that utilize those metrics and other information, to tell the stories of new effectiveness initiatives. Laurin comes to the UW with a deep background in the Pacific Northwest banking industry. She spent many years with Federal Home Loan Bank of Seattle as Assistant Vice President/Research Director, and additional years with Washington Mutual Bank as a Lead Financial Analyst. Her expertise is synthesizing disparate data into easily understandable formats. She has a BS in Forest Management from the University of Washington, and an MBA with a Finance concentration from Seattle University. She is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma, the national scholastic honor society for business.
- Emily Drevecky, Sr. Organizational Effectiveness Specialist - With more than 10 years of process improvement and operational excellence consulting experience, Emily is prepared to help groups successfully identify problems and develop and implement solutions that make their work more productive and customers happier. Early in her career, Emily worked as a management consultant with Deloitte Consulting where she led projects in a variety of industries and functions. She continued her consulting work at Washington Mutual where she managed a team of internal consultants responsible for operational improvement across the organization. Most recently, she worked for a small local consulting company on several projects for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Emily is a native Seattleite and a true Husky with both a BS (Biology) and and MBA (Operations concentration) from the University of Washington.
- Alicia Kinne-Clawson, Organizational Effectiveness Specialist - Alicia Kinne-Clawson is a PhD student and CREST fellow at the University of Washington in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies specializing in higher education policy. She earned her Master’s in Public Administration at the University of Washington’s Daniel J. Evans School of Public Affairs in 2009 and BA in Government from Eastern Washington University in 2007. She has also worked as staff to a Member of Congress and Policy Analyst for the Washington State Senate Higher Education & Workforce Development Committee and K-12 and Early Learning Committee.
- Meg Kerin, Office Assistant
RAPID has developed its own strategy plan, strategy map and performance metrics for the group.