Included on this page:
Before you start to spend,
- Decide if the expenditure is allowable.
There are specific allowability rules by cost category:
- Prepare specific documentation that generates
an encumbrance. (An encumbrance sets aside part
of your budget to pay the bill when it arrives.) For example,
- a new salary, fill out a PAF (Personnel Action Form)
- goods or services, fill out a purchase requisition
- purchases within UW, fill out an ISD(Internal Sales
Document) or a CTI (Cost Transfer Invoice)
- a travel advance, fill out a TEV (Travel Expense
- Receive the item or service.
- Pay the bill.