From: ESubmission Update to Organization Officials [mailto:ERA_COMMONS_ADMIN-L@LIST.NIH.GOV] On Behalf Of eRA Communications Office
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:11 AM
Subject: eRA Enhancements: Highlights of Upcoming Commons Release & Scheduled Downtime for Thu, Jan. 24
eRA Enhancements: Highlights of Upcoming Commons Release & Scheduled Downtime for Thu, Jan. 24
Monday, January 21, 2013
Highlights of eRA’s January Software Release for eRA Commons
The following are highlights of eRA’s upcoming January 24-25 system-wide software release.
· The Statement of Appointment (Form PHS 2271) has been modified to reflect the OMB approved revised list of Field of Training (FOT) codes and Specialty Boards
· xTrain will now recognize the amendment date when an appointment has been modified and the trainee is appointed or reappointed before the original end date. The system will no longer display an error message about overlapping appointment dates.
· The fellowship will now be displayed under Prior Support when the trainee has an appointment and previously had a fellowship.
· When fellowships are being terminated, only the years where the stipend amount is greater than zero and the status is either awarded or terminated will be displayed.
· New online help for xTrain. When you see a question mark (?) and click on it, it will take you to information about that page or content. The question marks appear on the following screens: My Grants, Trainee Roster, Trainee Appointments and Terminations, Statement of Training Appointment, Termination Notice NRSA, and List of Grants.
· Expansion of Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR) with several fixes and enhancements added
· Application Submission System & Interface for Submission Tracking (ASSIST) pilot underway.
· Users are getting their first experience developing multi-project applications on-line in the new ASSIST system as they prepare to submit for January due date.
· Additional pilot opportunities will close over the next few months.
· NIH will transition all multi-project applications to electronic submission by January 2014 (see Transition Timeline).
· For information, see Submitting a Multi-project Application.
Scheduled Downtime for January Release:
eRA Commons will be unavailable beginning at 9 p.m. ET Thursday, January 24 and will return to service by 7 a.m. ET Friday, January 25.
After the January Release, make sure to review the Release Notes for detailed information on the changes.
Division of Communications and Outreach
NIH Office of Extramural Research
Questions? Please contact the eRA Help Desk. Check out self-help resources on the Help page before submitting an online ticket; or call Toll-free: 1-866-504-9552, Phone: 301-402-7469, TTY: 301-451-5939; or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Help Desk hours are Mon-Fri, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET
Help us improve our communications; send your suggestions and feedback to eRACommunications@mail.nih.gov or call 301-435-8185.
To read other recent articles and messages, please visit our Latest News page at http://era.nih.gov/news_and_events/index.cfm.
We are sorry if you receive duplicates. This notification was sent to multiple distribution lists. To subscribe to or unsubscribe from our listservs, please visit http://era.nih.gov/about_era/get_connected.cfm.