Office of Research
Macy Faculty Scholars
The program aims to accelerate needed reforms in health profession education to accommodate the dramatic changes occurring in medical practice and health care delivery. The goal is to develop the next generation of national leaders in medical and nursing education. The Foundation will support educational change in each Scholar’s institution and develop a national network for the Scholars, who will receive career advice from a National Advisory Committee and participate in an Annual Meeting for the program.
The eligible candidate must:
- Be a doctorally prepared faculty member in good standing at the sponsoring school.
- Have served for five or more years as a faculty member, ideally at the sponsoring school.
- Have an identified faculty mentor who will provide advice on the candidate’s project and career development.
- Have an educational innovation project with the appropriate institutional support.
- Have an institutional commitment for the protection of at least 50% of time.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its territories.
As the School of Medicine may only submit ONE proposal for this opportunity, the Office of Research and Graduate Education has established an internal review process to determine which proposal will move forward to the funding agency.
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com by Thursday, January 24, 2013:
- Description of educational innovation project to be undertaken (max. 3 pages)
- Current CV of candidate
Inquiries and Contact Information
Investigators who identify a grant, award or fellowship program that restricts the number of applications that can be submitted from an Institution should immediately contact their Chairperson, Associate Dean for Research (or Dean, if no ADR) and the Office of Research (see below) if they intend to prepare a response. Failure to do so, or to meet the deadlines for submission of pre-proposal, will preclude submission of the application through the Office of Sponsored Programs.
For general inquiries, or to request a listing of a limited submission opportunity that should be but is not already listed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.