Office of Research
Rita Allen Foundation Scholars Program
The Rita Allen Foundation funds scholars undertakingresearch projects with above-average risk that break new ground and challenge the status quo. By investing in young leaders and their research, they aim to advance transformative ideas in their earliest stages and leverage them to promote breakthrough solutions. Research scientists must be in the early stages of their careers. Fields of research are cancer, immunology and neuroscience.
- Be considered an independent investigators in the early stages of your research careers, i.e. at the Assistant Professor level, preferably in the first three years
- Completed your training and provide persuasive evidence of distinguished achievement or extraordinary promise in research in one of the relevant fields
- Must have received committed start-up funds from UW
- Must have lab space from UW
To apply for this funding opportunity, please email the following to RGE at email@example.com by Friday, November 9, 2012:
- 1-3 page pre-proposal that addresses the goals of the program
- PI’s CV
- Letter of support from department chair (chair may support more than one faculty from the department)
Inquiries and Contact Information
Investigators who identify a grant, award or fellowship program that restricts the number of applications that can be submitted from an Institution should immediately contact their Chairperson, Associate Dean for Research (or Dean, if no ADR) and the Office of Research (see below) if they intend to prepare a response. Failure to do so, or to meet the deadlines for submission of pre-proposal, will preclude submission of the application through the Office of Sponsored Programs.
For general inquiries, or to request a listing of a limited submission opportunity that should be but is not already listed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.