Office of Research
2014 Translational Bladder Cancer Research Grant
LIMITED APPLICANT AWARD FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
V FOUNDATION FOR CANCER RESEARCH 2014 TRANSLATIONAL BLADDER CANCER RESEARCH GRANT
Number of letters of intent the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Cancer Consortium may submit: 1
Synopsis: The V Foundation is a charitable organization dedicated to saving lives by helping to find cures for cancer. Since its inception in 1993, the V Foundation has awarded more than $115 million and has funded more than 530 research grants. The two-year 2014 Translational Bladder Cancer Research Grant funds a translational research project in the focus area of bladder cancer.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Propose a translational research project in the focus area of bladder cancer.
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Cancer Consortium investigators are eligible to apply.
- Anticipated $300,000 - $400,000 total, payable over two years.
- This grant will support a maximum of 10% indirect costs and is not listed on Exhibit A. If the Center’s endorsed candidate is invited by the V Foundation to submit a full grant proposal, he/she must have Division or Center Director’s Office approval for unrecovered F&A costs before submitting a full proposal and should work with his/her Division Administrator to complete this task. For further information see the Center Foregone F&A Cost Policy.
- The grant will be awarded in August 2014 and payments will begin in the late fall of 2014.
Center’s Internal Pre-Proposal Deadline: Tuesday, April 8, 2014 by 5:00 pm PT
Interested and eligible investigators should submit a single PDF of the required pre-proposal materials (see attached) to email@example.com by the internal deadline to be considered by the Center’s Internal Awards Committee.
Funding Agency Letter of Intent Deadline: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 by 5:00 pm ET
The selected candidate may be assisted by Corporate & Foundation Relations with preparing their application for submission.
For additional information, including eligibility guidelines and the required pre-proposal schedule and materials, please see the attached funding announcement.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Cancer Consortium will review pre-proposals from UW faculty for their announcement below and attached as a PDF.
To be considered, all UW pre-proposals must first be vetted by the UW limited submissions review committee.
- 1-2 page letter of intent on your proposed research
- CV or biosketch
- Letter of support from a dean or chair
to email@example.com before 5:00 PM Thursday, April 3, 2014. The UW’s deadline for sending on vetted pre-proposals to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Cancer Consortium is Tuesday 3/8/14.
Inquiries and Contact Information
Investigators who identify a grant, award or fellowship program that restricts the number of applications that can be submitted from an Institution should immediately contact their Chairperson, Associate Dean for Research (or Dean, if no ADR) and the Office of Research (see below) if they intend to prepare a response. Failure to do so, or to meet the deadlines for submission of pre-proposal, will preclude submission of the application through the Office of Sponsored Programs.
For general inquiries, or to request a listing of a limited submission opportunity that should be but is not already listed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.