Office of Research
V Scholar Grant Award 2014
The Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Cancer Consortium will review pre-proposals from UW faculty for their announcement below.
To be considered, all UW pre-proposals must first be vetted by the UW limited submissions review committee.
- 1-2 page letter of intent on your proposed research
- CV or biosketch
- Letter of support from a dean or chair
To firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00 PM Tuesday March 11, 2014. The UW’s deadline for sending on vetted pre-proposals to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Cancer Consortium is Friday 3/14/14.
LIMITED APPLICANT AWARD FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
V FOUNDATION FOR CANCER RESEARCH 2014 V SCHOLAR GRANT AWARD
Number of applications the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Cancer Consortium may submit: 1
Synopsis: The V Foundation is a charitable organization dedicated to saving lives by helping to find cures for cancer. Since its inception in 1993, the V Foundation has awarded more than $115 million and has funded more than 530 research grants. The 2014 V Scholar Grant funds laboratory-based fundamental and translational research.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Have a faculty appointment at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and/or University of Washington.
- Have demonstrated expertise and promise in the designated areas of research.
- Must be approved by and nominated by the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Director in the formal application.
- Have completed at least two years of fellowship training. One year of fellowship is acceptable if only one year is required by the M.D. program.
- Currently hold an entry-level faculty position (below Associate Professor).
- No more than 5 years have passed since joining the faculty as an Instructor or Assistant Professor.
- No more than 10 years have passed since terminal degree (M.D. or Ph.D.).
- Not have been promoted to Associated Professor.
- Applicants with institutional or K08 awards are eligible.
- Researchers who have secured their own R01 funding are not eligible.
- $200,000 total paid in two annual installments.
- New for this year – 2014 awarded grants may receive a third year of funding if exceptional scientific progress is made in the first two years.
- This grant has zero indirect cost policy
- Grants will be awarded in September 2014 and first payment will be made in October/November 2014, contingent upon return of completed grant agreements.
Center’s Internal Pre-Proposal Deadline: Tuesday, March 11th, 2014 by 5:00 pm PT
Interested and eligible investigators should submit a single PDF of the required pre-proposal materials (see attached) to email@example.com by the internal deadline to be considered by the Center’s Internal Awards Committee.
Funding Agency Application Deadline: Tuesday, April 8th, 2014 by 5:00 pm ET
The selected candidate may be assisted by Corporate & Foundation Relations with preparing their application for submission.
For additional information, including eligibility guidelines and the required pre-proposal schedule and materials, please see the attached funding announcement.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inquiries and Contact Information
Investigators who identify a grant, award or fellowship program that restricts the number of applications that can be submitted from an Institution should immediately contact their Chairperson, Associate Dean for Research (or Dean, if no ADR) and the Office of Research (see below) if they intend to prepare a response. Failure to do so, or to meet the deadlines for submission of pre-proposal, will preclude submission of the application through the Office of Sponsored Programs.
For general inquiries, or to request a listing of a limited submission opportunity that should be but is not already listed, please email us at email@example.com.