The Microsoft Research Faculty Fellowship program recognizes innovative, promising new faculty members, from a number of research institutions, whose exceptional talent for research and innovation identifies them as emerging leaders in their fields. Learn how to apply for a fellowship.
We will need:
1. Nomination letter from the Department Chair
2. A 1-2 page(s) CV of nominee.
3. A brief description of his/her current research program and future plans (2 pages)
4. Names for potential outside letters of recommendation (do not need to contact them yet)
5. If more than one nomination is submitted from a single College/School, the Dean’s Office of the School/College should provide their independent 'rank ordering' of the nominees.
Nominations should be sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org by September 27, 2012. Nominations will be reviewed by the Proposal Review Committee and the selected nominee will be notified immediately. The selected nomination to Microsoft will be due no later than October 22, 2011 by 12:00 noon (PDT). Previous interaction with Microsoft will be weighed favorably.
Investigators who identify a grant, award or fellowship program that restricts the number of applications that can be submitted from an Institution should immediately contact their Chairperson, Associate Dean for Research (or Dean, if no ADR) and the Office of Research (see below) if they intend to prepare a response. Failure to do so, or to meet the deadlines for submission of pre-proposal, will preclude submission of the application through the Office of Sponsored Programs.
For general inquiries, or to request a listing of a limited submission opportunity that should be but is not already listed, please email us at email@example.com.