Office of Research
Macy Faculty Scholars Program 2014
The Macy Faculty Scholars Program is designed to identify and nurture the careers of promising educational innovators in medicine and nursing. The goal is to develop the next generation of national leaders in medical and nursing education. The program will support the Macy Faculty Scholars in leading new educational innovations at their home institutions and will provide opportunities for further career development through national meetings and participation in other Macy activities.
The eligible candidate must:
- Be a doctorally prepared faculty member in good standing at the sponsoring school.
- Have served for five or more years as a faculty member, ideally at the sponsoring school.
- Have an identified faculty mentor who will provide advice on the candidate’s project and career development.
- Have an educational innovation project with the appropriate institutional support.
- Have an institutional commitment for the protection of at least 50% of time.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its territories.
School of Medicine and School of Nursing are coordinating. For School of Medicine, the Center for Medical Education will be choosing the Macy Scholars applicant.
Please contact them for details.
No Office of Research Central review is required.
Inquiries and Contact Information
Investigators who identify a grant, award or fellowship program that restricts the number of applications that can be submitted from an Institution should immediately contact their Chairperson, Associate Dean for Research (or Dean, if no ADR) and the Office of Research (see below) if they intend to prepare a response. Failure to do so, or to meet the deadlines for submission of pre-proposal, will preclude submission of the application through the Office of Sponsored Programs.
For general inquiries, or to request a listing of a limited submission opportunity that should be but is not already listed, please email us at email@example.com.