Preparing Information and Action Items
Please review the following requirements when preparing items to be presented at Board of Regents meetings. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Rachel Northquist or call 206-221-3962.
Item Cover: An agenda item will include an item cover.
- Use the attached template to create the item cover.
- No formatting is necessary (font/headers/footers/margins). Focus on the item content and we will format the item cover.
- The item title on the cover needs to be the same as the item title on the agenda.
- The item cover lists the attachments, if any. The document titles on the attachments should match the titles listed under Attachments on the item cover template.
- When saving your items and attachments, please do not add an item number (F-#, or A-#, or B-#) to the file name. Our office will number the items.
- Note: If you have an item that you expect will come to the Board multiple times during the course of the project, please maintain naming consistency.
Attachments: Please submit attachments with your items, if applicable.
- Leave at least 1” margins on both long edges.
- We will add Board of Regents specific footers, please leave 1” margin at the bottom of your pages.
- Add an attachment number to the file name. This number will correspond with the order you’ll be referring to the attachment(s) in your presentation. Standing items should be first.
- Attachments will be printed in black and white, 2-sided. If an image will lose its message when printed in black and white, please end the file name with “color”, and it will be printed in color.
- PowerPoint slides should have a light or white background whenever possible. The default is to print two slides per page, in black and white, double sided, unless otherwise requested.
- PowerPoint attachments will be converted to a PDF before printing. We suggest you convert your document to a PDF to ensure that your images are clear (especially screen shots).
- Send all attachments in editable format, if possible (.docx, .xlsx, .ppt, etc.)
- The title on the attachment (Word, Excel, PPT etc.) doc, should match the title listed under Attachments on the Item cover template.
- If you wish to include a booklet, brochure, swag, etc. as an attachment, please contact Rachel Northquist. If approved, we will need 25 hard copies delivered by the same deadline as other materials.
- Regents appreciate brief bios, with photos, for faculty, student, and guest presenters. Please see the attached sample.
- Example of file name: Quarterly report attachment 2 color.doc
Projecting Content: Please submit any files, links, etc., to be projected at the meeting with the Item cover and attachments by the due date.
At most meetings, high definition television screens are used for projections. To ensure that content fills the entire screen, please follow formatting points below:
- Create slides for Widescreen (16:9), by selecting the DESIGN tab, SLIDE SIZE, WIDESCREEN (16:9)
- Project only graphics, maps, tables, charts or videos, rather than text. Set video to play Full Screen by selecting VIDEO TOOLS, PLAY BACK, VIDEO OPTIONS, PLAY FULL SCREEN
- One graphic, map, table, chart or video per slide
- Convert media created on a Mac to run on a PC, and test it on a PC, before submitting with Item cover
- If text must be used, five bullet points per slide
- Indicate “projection” in the file name
- Let us know if the projection will require any audio, video, or internet
- Let us know who will be running the laptop during the presentation
- To ensure a smooth-running meeting, please DO NOT bring your own laptop or USB drive to the meeting, as all projections will be loaded in advance onto one laptop, tested before the meeting, and run from that laptop.
Due dates: Please see the schedule for due dates. The President’s office staff will lightly proofread your items and attachments. Major additions and changes are the responsibility of the presenting units. If your item cover and attachments are late, you run the risk of having the item pulled from the agenda.
Note: Please be considerate of the time it will take to study the materials you intend to provide. Include enough information for Regents to identify the core issues, but do not overextend. All attachments should be tied directly to the objective of your presentation. If, during the presentation, the Regents request additional information from your unit, we will work with you and be the conduit for follow up.
|Margaret Shepherd and Rachel Northquist
Office of the President
|Joan Goldblatt and Shelley Tennant
Office of the Board of Regents