Show us the #UWFamily experience through your eyes!
Answer for yourself by entering our photo and video contest, and you could win great photo gear, Husky swag and more!
Prizes will go to the top 3 submissions in the following categories:
- Best photo capturing UW families in action
- Best video capturing the spirit of Parent & Family Weekend April 7-9, 2017
- Best video interview with UW families
- Apple iPad
- Husky-themed Instax Mini prize pack
- University Bookstore gift cards
- Exclusive UW gear…and more!
Entering is simple
Capture photos and video clips that show what family means to you – see below for a list of helpful tips.
Then, all you have to do is submit your great photos and videos by Thursday, April 20th (click the button below for our entry form).
You can choose to provide a link to files right in the form (using Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, or any other file transfer site), or to drop by the Student Life office from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday with your flash drive or SD card.
All currently enrolled UW students – at all three campuses and of any class standing – are eligible. There’s no limit to how many times you can enter, and you don’t have to be registered to attend Parent & Family Weekend in order to participate.
Your submission will be reviewed by a panel of UW students and staff, including members of our social media and photography team, who will choose three submissions in each category to receive top honors and special prizes.
We can’t wait to see the results of UW students’ boundless creativity, and to that end, we have designed this to be an open ended contest, with only a few guidelines to keep in mind to increase your chances of winning:
Ask for permission
- Generally, if you are taking photos/videos in a public space or at a large, open event, there is a limited expectation of privacy and obtaining permission to photograph or film each subject is not required
- Before taking photos or videos of individuals or in a smaller setting, please ask permission – it’s not just right thing to do, but if your submission wins a prize, taking this step may allow us to feature it more broadly
- For video interview entries, we encourage you to provide contact information for your subject(s) so that we can follow up as needed should your video win a prize
Submit high-resolution files
- Photos should be at least 300 dpi high-resolution jpg file
- Videos should be at least 720p
Submit file types we can read easily
- For photos, we can accept jpg, pdf or eps files. Please do not submit png files
- For videos, we can accept mov, mp4 and wmv files. Please do not submit flv files
- If submitting multiple files, please zip or compress the files into a single folder
Tips for video
- If you’re using a smartphone to capture video, please use a horizontal format
- Keep ’em short and sweet: We encourage you to limit video length to five minutes. (Our hardworking review team will thank you!)
…and of course, for both photos and video, please keep the Student Conduct Code in mind when deciding what type of content to submit.
Questions about PFW 2017?