Family members play a key role in supporting student success, and our mission at Parent & Family Programs is to provide the resources you need to stay connected, informed and engaged as you support your student’s transition from first year student to a responsible, resilient and compassionate global citizen.
No matter your student’s major, year in school or interests outside of the classroom, there are many opportunities for you to get involved with the UW family. From special events to volunteer opportunities to our online community, we’ll help you make the most of the time your child is at the UW. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Like us on Facebook @wparentsandfamily
- Sign up for Parent & Family Programs e-news
- Check out advocacy opportunities through UW Impact
- Support extraordinary Husky Experiences through the Student Excellence Fund
- Volunteer to help other UW families navigate the college experience
Join us for on campus events
June 21-Aug 25 Parent Orientations
September 17 Bid Day
Sept 22 & 23 Move In Days – Check out the guide
Sept 25 Convocation & President’s Picnic
Sept 26 through October Dawg Daze – Including Mariners and Sounders games!
April 7-9, 2017 Parent & Family Weekend
Have questions about any of these opportunities, or other ideas about how you’d like to get involved?
Feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org