The Office of the Ombud is a place where all members of the University of Washington community can seek information, consultation, and assistance. Each year, the Ombud Office collaborates with hundreds of individuals who are facing challenges. We provide a safe environment to voice concerns and develop constructive options to address the situation.
We follow these principles when providing assistance:
- Safe place: We strive to provide a confidential, safe place, for you to discuss your situation.
- You’re in control: We won’t take any action on your behalf unless you ask us to do so.
- Learning environment: We are continuously learning and sharing ways to effectively address conflict.
How to schedule an appointment
- The best way to see the Ombud quickly is to schedule an appointment by calling 206-543-6028.
- We prefer to have the first meeting in person – follow-up meetings can occur over the phone. See Locations
- Appointments usually last for about an hour.
The Ombud process
Our process is personalized to your specific situation. While all of the steps below may not be followed exactly, or in order, this graphic is intended to provide an overview of our process.