Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity
Rules & Policies
- The Office of Minority Affairs and Diversity Retention Program Directors are proud of each and every student who makes the decision to join the S.M.A.R.T. As with all academic ventures, it is important the highest standards of ethical behavior be maintained. Therefore, the following rules do apply to this S.M.A.R.T. Challenge…
- All participants must adhere to the highest standard of ethics, agreeing, in writing, to follow the University of Washington General Conduct Code and Student Conduct Code
- Any individual and/or team found in violation of any part of the University of Washington General Conduct Code and/or Student Conduct Code will be expelled from the competition
- Only one Team will be named and receive the Recognition Award during each S.M.A.R.T. Challenge quarter.
- In case of a tie, those teams receiving the same highest accumulated points during any given Challenge Quarter will participate in the “S.M.A.R.T. Challenge Play-Off”
- The Play-Off will consist of 100 randomly selected questions from the qualifying course textbooks in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Statistics.
- The Play-Off will last 1 hour.
- The Teams’ Captains will draw a number to see which Team receives the first question.
- At the end of the hour, the Team with the most points will be declared the S.M.A.R.T. Challenge winner. If the Teams tie during the Play-Off , they will then engage in a 15-minute interval “Sudden End Play-Off”.
- The “Sudden End Play-Off” will continue in intervals until a winner is declared.
- 3. The Play-Off will be open to viewing by OMA&D staff, UW faculty/staff, and other S.M.A.R.T. Challenge Teams entered during the quarter that RSVP at the announcement of the Play-Off. It will be held at the Instructional Center.