Diversity Programs @ OMA&D
At the Office of Minority Affairs and Diversity, all areas of diversity—student, faculty and staff diversity, curriculum, research, outreach, climate—are seen as intertwined and interdependent. The full spectrum of programs at OMA&D serve as resources for institutional change.
- Find a list of diversity resources for students, staff, faculty, alumni, and community members
- Increases the recruitment, retention, and promotion of faculty from underrepresented populations
- Promotes and supports research on historically underserved, understudied, and underrepresented communities
- Best Practices for Faculty Searches
- The UW Center for Curriculum Transformation closed in December 2013. Responsibilities for curriculum transformation, development of courses to fulfill the University’s diversity requirement, and consultation on inclusive teaching are now housed in the Center for Teaching and Learning.
- Build community and foster connections with other UW faculty and staff
- Advises the UW president on issues of diversity
- Includes representatives from all three campuses, UW schools, colleges, administrative offices, and campus organizations
- Monitors progress of the Diversity Blueprint