October 28, 2013
UW hosts series of events for Veterans Appreciation Week Nov. 5 to 11
The University of Washington is planning a number of events that will be held during the week preceding Veterans Day to honor UW alumni, students, faculty and staff who have served in the U.S. armed forces.
The events include:
- Nov. 5, 5:30-7 p.m., HUB, alumni/student veteran reception.
- Nov. 6, 1-3 p.m., Clark Hall, ROTC open house.
- Nov. 6, 4-6 p.m., UW Bothell alumni/student veteran reception.
- Nov. 7, 3:30-5 p.m., HUB, veterans career resource fair and panel.
- Nov. 7, 6:30-8 p.m., Kane Hall, lecture by Acting U.S. Surgeon General Boris Lushniak.
- Nov. 8, 2:30-4 p.m., Odegaard Undergraduate Library, workshop on teaching student veterans.
- Nov. 9, Husky Stadium, Husky football’s “Committed to Service” game and recognition of 2013-14 Distinguished Alumni Veteran Award recipient.
- Nov. 11, 11 a.m., Medal of Honor Memorial, Veterans Day celebration and ceremony.
The events are coordinated by the UW Alumni Association, which has more information and registration details on its website.