November 30, 2011
Gifts, greens for sale at Arboretum
The Arboretum Foundation’s beloved holiday sale returns to the Graham Visitors Center at the Washington Park Arboretum from 3 to 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 9, and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 10.
The sale offers a selection of holiday decorations, including wreaths, swags, and fresh-cut greens. Its also a showcase for the Arboretum Shop, which features gardening and nature books, plant-themed jewelry, tools for green thumbs, and much more.
At this years Gifts & Greens Galore, youll also find:
- Live seasonal music: Harpist Patricia Yaeger will perform for the duration of the Friday event.
- Free holiday refreshments: A hot drink and cookie for everyone.
- Craft activities hosted by UW Botanic Gardens education staff: On Saturday, kids can learn how to make holiday wreaths from English ivy and decorate them with natural objects.
- Trunk sale: Four Seasons Design Group will be selling an expanded selection of botanical jewelry and table decorations.
- A special visitor: From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, a round, jolly man with a big white beard and a bag of treats will make an appearance.
Admission and parking are free. All sales benefit Washington Park Arboretum. For more information, visit online or call 206-325-4510.