The UW Retirement Association is hosting a travel fair for people who want to do more than just see the sights.
“Travel with a Purpose: A Fair for the 50+ UW Community” will be held Friday, Feb. 11, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Walker Ames Room, Kane Hall. It will feature vendors who offer something different in the way of travel experiences – education, cultural enrichment, or volunteer opportunities.
Confirmed vendors include:
- AAA Travel/University District
- Alki Tours
- Bike & Barge Holland Tours
- Cetc Travel Services
- Habitat for Humanity
- Heifer Project
- Mills Travel Consulting (“Mama Africa”)
- Peace Corps
- Road Scholar (formerly Elderhostel)
- Semester at Sea
- UWAA Travel
The fair will also feature a series of informal roundtable presentations. The roundtables will begin at 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Subjects will include:
- Travel and Health
- Traveling with the UW Alumni Association
- Choosing the Right Travel Service Project for You
- Choosing and Working Well with a Tour Company
- Travel with Security in a Changing World
Although the focus is on travel for adults over 50 years old, all UW community members—employees, retirees, alumni, family and friends—are invited to attend. The Travel Fair is free; advance registration is requested.