October 14, 2010
Presidential search committee seeks input from community
What leadership qualities should the next permanent UW president have? The Presidential Search Advisory Committee is welcoming input from the UW community and friends of the University in the search process in a series of public discussions in coming weeks.
The meetings will take up the challenges and opportunities that will face the next president and which personal and professional attributes will be essential for the next president to possess. (The first meeting was held Wednesday, Oct. 13, at UW Tacoma.) The schedule for upcoming meetings is as follows.
On the UW Bothell campus, at the North Creek Events Center:
- 3:30 to 5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 25 (primarily for the campus community)
- 5:30 to 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 25 (primarily for the external community)
On the UW Seattle campus:
- 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 27, 110 Kane (primarily for the campus community)
- 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 27, 110 Kane (primarily for the external community)
- 4 to 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 1, 138 William H. Gates Hall (law school) (a faculty forum)
For the Everett community:
- 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 2, Rainier Room, Medical Office Building, Providence Regional Medical Center, 1330 Rockefeller Ave., Everett.
To learn more about the UW Presidential Search, visit online here.