July 8, 2010
Button, button, who’s got the button slogan?
The UW Alumni Association has teamed with University Book Store to sponsor a contest for team-specific slogans that will go on buttons to be given away to Husky fans this fall. Past winners include “Ore-goners” (for the Oregon game), “Meager Beavers” (Oregon State) and “WAZZ-WHO?” (WSU).
Game day buttons for all of the Pac-10 away games are available at the alumni association’s Washington Warm Ups (at BYU pick up your button at the Salt Lake City Husky Happy Hour). For home games, stop by the University Book Store on the day before and the day of games to pick up your button.
The winning slogans will be selected by a committee of experienced slogan creators (a.k.a. alumni association and book store staff members). The winners will receive a $25 gift card to the University Book Store, and the away game winners will also get free entry for two into the Washington Warm Up in the location for which their slogan was chosen (does not include tickets to the game). No purchase necessary to win.
Entries must be submitted by midnight Sunday, July 18. You do not have to submit an entry for every game. Submit your entry online here.
2010 Husky football schedule
- Sept. 4 at BYU Cougars, mascot: Cosmo the Cougar
- Sept. 11 – Syracuse Orange, mascot: Otto the Orange
- Sept. 18 – Nebraska Cornhuskers, mascot: Herbie Husker and Lil’ Red
- Oct. 2 at USC Trojans, mascot: Traveler
- Oct. 9 – Arizona State Sun Devils, mascot: Sparky the Sun Devil
- Oct. 16 – Oregon State Beavers, mascot: Benny Beaver
- Oct. 23 at Arizona Wildcats, mascot: Wilbur and Wilma the Wildcats
- Oct. 30 – Stanford Cardinal, mascot: Stanford Tree
- Nov. 6 at Oregon Ducks, mascot: The Oregon Duck
- Nov. 18 – UCLA Bruins, mascot: Joe and Josephine Bruin
- Nov. 27 at California Bears, mascot: Oski the Bear
- Dec. 4 at Washington State Cougars, mascot: Butch T. Cougar