June 3, 2010
Parents invited to early learning conference
Parents and guardians are encouraged to attend the Saturday, June 5 session of the three-day “UW Conference on Early Learning: From Research into Action,” giving them an opportunity to join the educators and other professionals who are attending to conference.
Saturday sessions include:
- 10 a.m., Nature and Nurturing: Parenting with Children’s Temperament Styles in Mind, by Liliana Lengua
- 11 a.m., Strategies That Work: How to Promote Children’s Best Behavior and Effectively Manage the Less-than-Best, by Suzanne Kerns
- Noon, lunch on your own
- 1 p.m., Emotion Coaching Can Facilitate Children’s Well-being, by Lynn Fainsilber-Katz
- 2 p.m., Mindfulness: Cultivating Greater Awareness of Self, Children and Our Relationship with Them, by Rebecca Cortes & Yaffa Maritz
- 3 p.m., Mastery Approach to Parenting in Sports: Developing Champions in Sports and in Life, by Frank Smoll
The conference is sponsored by the Department of Psychology’s Center for Child and Family Well-being. Cost of the Saturday session is $75 in advance or $95 at the door. For further information, click here.