The UW Board of Regents today approved a 17-member Presidential Search and Advisory Committee to find a successor for President Mark Emmert.
The committee has been asked to submit a list to the Regents of “all candidates who meet the minimum qualifications with the Committee’s unranked recommendation of three to five candidates for final interviews.”
The committee also will provide a summary for each candidate “stating why he or she is suited to be president of the University of Washington.”
The members of the Presidential Search Advisory Committee are as follows:
- Chair: Kellye Testy, Dean and James W. Mifflin University Professor, UW School of Law.
- Kristianne (Kristi) Blake, UW Regent and corporate director.
- Ana Mari Cauce, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Kenyon Chan, chancellor of UW Bothell.
- Neal Dempsey, founding partner, Bay Partners.
- Carver Gayton, retired executive director, Northwest African American Museum.
- Joanne Harrell, UW Regent and senior director, e-Government Programs, Microsoft-US.
- JW Harrington, professor, Department of Geography and vice chair, UW Faculty Senate.
- Sally Jewell, UW Regent and CEO, Recreational Equipment, Incorporated.
- Lincoln Johnson, associate vice president, Campus Life.
- John Kincaid, president, Schaake Holdings, LLC.
- Madeleine McKenna, president, Associated Students of the University of Washington.
- William (Bill) Phillip, Tacoma business leader and philanthropist.
- Sarah Reyneveld, president, Graduate and Professional Student Senate.
- Johnese Spisso, vice president for Medical Affairs, UW & COO, UW Medicine, UW Medicine-Harborview, UW Medical Center, UWPN, UWP, ALNW.
- Patrick S. Stayton, professor of bioengineering.
- John A. Taylor, instructional technician, School of Art.