The UW Board of Regents today approved a 17-member Presidential Search and Advisory Committee to find a successor for President Mark Emmert.
The committee has been asked to submit a list to the Regents of “all candidates who meet the minimum qualifications with the Committee’s unranked recommendation of three to five candidates for final interviews.”
The committee also will provide a summary for each candidate “stating why he or she is suited to be president of the University of Washington.”
The members of the Presidential Search Advisory Committee are as follows:
* Chair: Kellye Testy, Dean and James W. Mifflin University Professor, UW School of Law.
* Kristianne (Kristi) Blake, UW Regent and corporate director.
* Ana Mari Cauce, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
* Kenyon Chan, chancellor of UW Bothell.
* Neal Dempsey, founding partner, Bay Partners.
* Carver Gayton, retired executive director, Northwest African American Museum.
* Joanne Harrell, UW Regent and senior director, e-Government Programs, Microsoft-US.
* JW Harrington, professor, Department of Geography and vice chair, UW Faculty Senate.
* Sally Jewell, UW Regent and CEO, Recreational Equipment, Incorporated.
* Lincoln Johnson, associate vice president, Campus Life.
* John Kincaid, president, Schaake Holdings, LLC.
* Madeleine McKenna, president, Associated Students of the University of Washington.
* William (Bill) Phillip, Tacoma business leader and philanthropist.
* Sarah Reyneveld, president, Graduate and Professional Student Senate.
* Johnese Spisso, vice president for Medical Affairs, UW & COO, UW Medicine, UW Medicine-Harborview, UW Medical Center, UWPN, UWP, ALNW.
* Patrick S. Stayton, professor of bioengineering.
* John A. Taylor, instructional technician, School of Art.