The music of an opera, a symphony, a wind ensemble, a percussion ensemble featuring marimbas and vocal performances by jazz groups and chamber singers are among offerings coming shortly from the UW School of Music.
- Dido and Aeneas, an opera by Henry Purcell, will be presented at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, May 25 and 26 and at 3 p.m. Sunday, May 27 in Meany Studio Theater. Tickets are $25, $15 for students and seniors, 206-543-4880.
- The Percussion Ensemble, directed by Tom Collier, will perform diverse works arranged for marimba at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 29, in the Meany Studio Theater. The performance also includes the Graduate Percussion Ensemble and Seattle Percussive Arts. Tickets are $10. 206-543-4880.
- The UW Chamber Singers will present a program focusing on a writer’s life and language in The Poet Sings: Music and the Life of the Poet at 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, May 29, in Meany Theater. Tickets are $10. 206-543-4880.
- The Studio Jazz Ensemble, the Modern Jazz Contingent and the Latin Jazz Ensemble will perform in concert at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 30, in Meany Theater. Tickets are $10. 206-543-4880.
- Graduate conducting students will lead the University Symphony in works by Vaughan Williams, Brahams, Prokofiev and Rimsky-Korsakov in a performance at 7:30 p.m. Friday, June 1, in Meany Theater. Tickets are $10. 206-543-4880.
- The UW Wind Ensemble, directed by Tim Salzman, will perform a free concernt at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, June 2, in the Illsley Ball Nordstrom Recital Hall at Benaroya Hall, as part of the scheduled Community Celebration events for the Central Europe Music Festival: Bridging the 48th Parallel, taking place May 31 to June 9. For more information, visit online at www.seattlesymphony.org/_dwn/CentralEuropeMusicFestival.pdf.
- The UW Women’s Vocal Jazz and Vocal Jazz I ensembles, directed by Dave Cross, will perform Vocal Jazz Night III, featuring Daniel Rossi, jazz trombone soloist, at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, June 2, in the School of Music’s Brechemin Auditorium. Tickets are $5. 206-685-8384.
For more information about the School of Music and, its programs and performances, visit online at www.music.washington.edu/events.